IF ONLY1


She sang beautifully well.
I am sure the Angels peeped at her frequently when her voice rings out!

I also stared in admiration.
Saying to myself ……..
"Only if I have a voice like this,
I will worship you more Lord"

He was absolutely a guru on the drums.
I had no music talent in me.

"Father, only if you will give such talent,
I will make you proud" I thought to myself.

The little child's painting held such vivid colors and details.
I love paintings and drawings!
However the best I can conjure are 'stick drawings'

I was almost filled with envy, but I couldn’t because
I was conscious of been Christian.

"If only I had a gift just like this,
I would be an international artist!
Showcasing Christ to the world through my drawings"

A beautiful writer and editor she is.
She had the patience of the godly,
Tenderly crossing out wrong letters and inputting the right words.

I admire her,
Once again, I told the Lord
"Only if I had a gift like hers,
My writings will be much better"!

They were the best dancing group in town.
Perfecting the Michael Jackson moonwalk with style,
Leaving mouths agape with their creative skills.
However, the best I can do is shake my body left to right.

I wonder most times what gift I have,
Admiring every other person but myself.

Applauding those I felt had talents.
While I sulked in the corner;
Thinking the master hasn’t been good to me

An ungrateful child I am.
For I am the modern day servant who had one talent;
And never made use of it.
Not even aware of what I carry

But that really has to change.
For the master will  come  soon,
And He will ask me for my talent

To avoid the same fate as my biblical role model,
I have decided to look inwards.

To stop wishing for what I don’t have.
To stop wishing for what I didn’t develop.
Like the prodigal, I am back to the Father
To use wisely the gifts He has given me.

I invite you to journey with me;
As I recognize and make use of the gifts invested in me.

Come let’s make ‘THE MASTER’ proud

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DESIRES

NORMAL?

What if I die today?

Bla Bla Bla!

THE RAGING OF MY SOUL

LOVE;THE PAIN

LET US FIGHT