LOVE;THE PAIN


Love.
What does love really entail?

I really get confused at times.
Love is good but the pain it brings, resides deep within

It hurts when I receive acceptance instead of rejection from Him; 
Kindness in place of cold-heartedness;
And affirmation instead of disavowal.

I ask, what do I do with God love?
Hold it close or let it go?

Incapacitated; 
I don't know how to react,
For rejection is a constant with humans,
But God’s love is overwhelming 

And when I sin, 
Ooo; that moment when I really do hurt my father.
 
When I run away from Him, 
He still runs after me, bleeding, 
With holes in His feet, He doesn't consider his pains. 
He doesn't consider how my actions hurts Him. 
He considers, instead, that I am hurt:
The lost sheep which had wandered off into the dark alley again.

He wipes my tears with His blood soaked cloth,
I look intently at His face, wondering how He can not see that He is bleeding 

How can He be sensitive to my needs and forget His? 
That was not the human way.
For no one bothers to carry his neighbours load while dragging his.

He tends to my bruise and I wonder in amazement how I come first to Him. 
For His wounds, still very fresh, has flies perching on them. 
How does He takes care of my old wound and leaves His unattended to? 

Haa!!
Why is He so concerned about me? 

What do I do? 
I certainly can't love Him back with the same frequency He loves me.
I don't even know how to truly love anyone.
For I am unwilling to sacrifice my desires,
While He sacrificed Himself. 

Why will anyone decide to make His future centered around me? 
Why did He decide not to leave a place so He can intercede for my selfishness? 

How do I react to a love like this? 
“Beat me”, I cried
“Punish me”, I stammered 

“Hurt me; 
“Please; 
But don't love me, 
For your love hurts me,
And my inability to be like you is killing”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET US FIGHT

NORMAL?

What if I die today?

TO MY FRIEND WHO IS LOST

DESIRES

THE RAGING OF MY SOUL