What if I die today?

Death where is thy sting?
I am sure this is a statement you may be familiar with.
I wonder today, what my life consists of.
I ask myself what awaits me after death.
Each passing day brings me close to death,
With questions I have no answer to.

How will the world react after my demise?
Will I be missed?
Or will the world rejoice?
I look at the people I have impacted and I realise I still have a long way to go.
I have quite a big mouth
I ponder on the thousands of people I might have spoken ill to/of.

I love heaven because its my home.
Yet I ponder on how much impact I have made in my temporary abode.
Then I look at people who had impacted the world greatly.
Great biblical men and women after God own heart who did a lot for their temporary abode

Esther.
The beauty queen with a selfless heart;
Who believed in the power of  bended knees.
Orphaned at a tender age,
Yet filled with love.
A selfless leader.
Staring death in the eyes, yet choosing to die for her nation.
But instead of death, she was an agent of life.
Saving her people from the jaws of extinction.

Deborah.
The prophetess.
Who was a wife and also a judge,
Satisfied with her calling.
A born leader who was sure of the God she served.
Who without her men of war, refused to stop performing her enterprise
Although she had never wielded a sword,
For her peoples sake, she took the risk.
And through her, a war was won by a woman.

Moses.
The slave turned Prince, turned Shepherd.
A man born under uncertain circumstances.
Leader of Israel.
Mortal man, who was a friend of God.
Through him, nations felt the power of God 

Joshua.
The son of Nun.
The man who made the sun stand still.
The young inquisitive man who followed Moses every where.
Ministering to him,
Learning the ropes of leadership.
Holding unto the word of God dearly.
Believing in the ways of the Lord.
He was the pathway to Israel's inheritance of the promise land.

"Heros" some might call them,
'Role models' I declare them
Selflessly standing up to challenges.
Impacting their world,
They are greatly missed.

Even as death draws nearer each day,
Lifes' uncertainties abound.
I, each day, decide to be a ready vessel fit for the master use.
Selfless and willing  like men and women of old.
So when I die.
History  can still  feel my  impact.
While I smile from heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DESIRES

Bla Bla Bla!

THE RAGING OF MY SOUL

LOVE;THE PAIN

LET US FIGHT

SHE SWAYED!