MY LIFE IN A WEEK!!!


Pain is real!
This is what I feel
Sunday is here again,
I wore the same outfit to church weekly
That’s the only reasonable outfit I have,
Something horrible happened ………………
It tore while I shouted hallelujah excitedly!
That is the least embarrassing moment of my life
For I had, had worst days.
Monday morning
It’s the usual hustling and bustling in Lagos,
Today I found a new strategy to beg
I used the pastor sermon as a guideline
It went something like:
Isaac sowed and reaped in a land of famine
As you give to me God will increase you greatly
It worked properly
At least I had enough to eat today.
Afternoons are my break period, this Tuesday is no exception
I came down with a cold 
Shivering in the hot sun is no joke!
The harsh harmatern cold is worst at night,
Staying under the bridge with no walls on the island didn’t help issues either
I just need a warm place to stay!!
Its Wednesday morning and nothing seems better
I am terribly angry today!!!!
I am homeless with no cloth to wear or food to eat
Holding so much resentment to the world because none seems to care,
Even as I write can see a woman pull her children away from me
Who blames her? I will pull my children away from someone like me!
I am tattered, dirty and angry looking
Another Thursday is here
Everyone calls me mad  now,
Who can fault them?
Today the cold became unbearable
So I had to feign madness ,and pursue people .
The way the lady ran and dropped her bag made me laugh the more, people dey fear sha!
At least I can get to buy some drugs and food
The food vendor wont sell  food for me without money
That one no dey fear me at all, smhh
Don’t stare at me,  
If you were in my shoes will you act differently?
Fridays are  the grooving day on the island
To me it is the worst of all the days
You saw more people smiling
And non giving
A lot of vigils and clubbing
Either ways ,money is been spent
And non bothered about a wretch like me .
Saturdays are like Christmas to me
It’s the period where almost every one is willing to share
At least the left overs from party  jollof rice
Some call me lazy but am not
No employer will want anyone with a stinking breath
My only reasonable attire is my Sunday wear that is already torn
I am more concerned about what to eat than how I look,
If only I could get some clothes then at least I will work as a laborer
But the cloth sef no dey
 
Yours in need, 
The homeless man on the street.
N. B :I am just a mouth piece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET US FIGHT

NORMAL?

What if I die today?

DESIRES

SHE SWAYED!

TO MY FRIEND WHO IS LOST

TODAY I TOLD MYSELF A TALE