My Automobile; My Conscious step towards perfection


As a child in kingardateen and nursery age,
I was required to draw a lot of images.

For whatever reason, I never knew.
But I knew I was  not too good at drawing

I drew well enough.
At least I didn’t have ‘oju elegba’
Getting a pass mark scaled me to the next class,
Where drawing wasn’t required of me

One day,
I was struck with the desire to draw a beautiful automobile;
With Chairs, Steering, Gear and of course a happy family embarking on a journey.

I am not an artist. Just one who is loves drawing and singing.
Two things my friends believe am awful at doing (doing justice to them however they try to encourage me, some even go ahead to give me lessons but I just do not make it an  easy task  for them )

Lets go back to my drawing of a perfect Automobile.
You see, all I wanted as a child was to draw a ‘Ijapa car’ with chairs inside.
However, the only chair I could draw was a dining chair.
And I know ‘Ijapa cars’ don’t have dining chairs in them.

After watching  ‘Osofia in London’, I knew I had to change the look of my automobile.
From ‘Ijapa’ to a double decker bus.
You see, my dinning chair made perfect sense in a double decker bus than any ‘Ijapa car’.
It also included happy people  on a journey.

As I grew older,
I discovered other things I was better at.

Some passions that came naturally.
And others I needed a little brushing up for.
Either ways, I enjoyed the new passion I discovered.

This new passion and ability didn’t derail me from my automobile drawings.
For I had a passion to draw the best automobile I could.
Technology didn’t help matters.
As new  automobiles are been constantly built.
Which means I simply have to step up my game!

As each day passes,
I read some articles on drawings.
Make friends with people that can draw.
I observe drawings daily;
And admire different automobiles
Which i dutifully introduced to my drawings !

The ‘koko’ of this story is this.

I am better at my automobile drawings.
At least compared to that of my childhood.

Though am yet to get that perfect drawing,
Am still working on it.

Don’t forget!
I don’t really know how to draw.
But my automobile is still a work in progress.

When am done,
Am going to wow the world.

For Life is not a bed of roses,
However every little efforts counts
We haven't arrived at our destination,
We are however not stagnant .

Crawl if you have to but never give up on your goals !

My automobile drawing is my walk towards perfection,
What yours?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET US FIGHT

NORMAL?

What if I die today?

TO MY FRIEND WHO IS LOST

DESIRES

THE RAGING OF MY SOUL

LOVE;THE PAIN