A WOMAN WITH GOALS!

Hello! let me tell you my story;

Attending a wedding reception in an higher institution as a teenager invigorated  my hunger to become a university graduate at all cost.
I had a list of things I wanted to achieve before I graduated,
You can address me as Beauty and brains!

Therefore It wasn’t a surprise when I passed my senior school leaving examinations with flying colors,
To a reputable Higher Institution I went .
I am both a Fashionista and Efiwe(Brilliant) !
How I manage to combine the two still remain a mystery to all,
I had goals ;making a 1st class and flexing at the same time,
My innate woman's ability to effectively multi-task was put in good use
Believe me honestly I was at the top of my game
Every girl envied me.......... 

Graduating from a University with good grades no be joke, especially for an engineering student like myself,
So I never took my losing weight as a big deal, since it helped achieve a flat stomach with no exercise !
I was always feeling fatigued but I brushed it aside too, who wouldn't?  struggling between personal reading, excess assignment, group projects and going to parties.

My daily diet was any fast food and plenty soft and energy drinks, so when I saw a little bit of blood in my stool I just assumed I had to reduce my sugar intake. 

 I slept barely four hours in a day 
1st class is my goal and while am at it, flexing I must,
The university and I have to pass through each other.

I noticed my menstrual cycle went on longer than usual(With Menstrual Pains) and some changes in my virgina  discharge ,
I took some drugs for virginal infection which caused some slight changes,
A visit to the hospital for proper checkup was therefore postponed!

As a student aiming for first class, I had all types of jacking (Reading)technique ,night classes was one of them ,
And mosquito bites was the price to pay for it while fever is the results!
Examination was around the corner

I still felt I was at the top of my game not until
I woke up with piercing pains in my lower belly
I was literally screaming when I woke up, all Ladylike composure thrown to the wind!
It was during my screaming escapade I noticed I was in the hospital,
My screams jolted mum as she laid her face on dad chest
See daddy and mummy playing love while I felt so much pain 

I screamed the more as dad ran to get the doctor while mum tried calming me down like she did to her patients, but looking into her eyes I knew all was not well, for her eyes were red!

The nurse must have added sleeping substance to the injection for I was soon asleep starting at the gloomy face of my loving parents……………………………………….
Whatever drug I was given did its own bit for the pains subsided.

I wondered why I was still in the hospital, ordinary exam stress and malaria  
My parents can fear fear  Sha, mum should know better na, even if I needed  bed rest i could definitely get the rest at home 

At least that was what I thought.......... 

I sensed something wasn’t well when the doctor started clerking me
He asked questions about
- My eating habit
- Alcohol intake 
-Sleeping habit 
-Menstrual Cycle
-Fatigue level
-Virginal discharge
and on and on the questions went .................................

 All the questions centered on all the changes  in my body I have ignored...................

 

Pap test was conducted and the sad news was broken to me as Mum and Dad held my hands

You have Cervical cancer............. ehen! 
Caaaaannnn what I exclaimed? 

It was like a nightmare for me!

The Doctor went on and on..........

On the effect of  lifestyle choices on one's  health

The need for proper medical check up

The need for Radiation therapy with chemotherapy!

It was a dream I wanted to wake up from,

The doctor said I will be fine,

Here I am writing to you today, that educational and social goals are good but like the saying goes health is wealth

Please eat healthy, have enough rest, do away with alcohol and tobacco,  avoid self-medication and go for proper hospital examination

I am still going to achieve all my goals but this time with a mindset that  GOALS CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED WHEN THERE IS GOOD HEALTH .

N. B :Cancer is real, please go for medical examination.
 

Comments

Unknown said…
πŸ‘πŸ‘This is great,nice write up. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Popular posts from this blog

LET US FIGHT

NORMAL?

What if I die today?

DESIRES

Bla Bla Bla!

THE RAGING OF MY SOUL

LOVE;THE PAIN